Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Joong Bong, The Most Versatile And Easy To Learn Martial Arts Weapon

Joong Bong, The Most Versatile And Easy To Learn Martial Arts Weapon

Sports Articles | December 19, 2013

People esteem been picking up sticks to pelt each other since time immemorial, only the joong bong, the Korean Middle cane, is something really special in the creation of martial arts. This is the greatest number commonly taught weapon in the Korean given to war art of Kuk Sul Won, admitting tournaments and ease of use bear brought the joong bong into other arenas, like Tae Kwon Do.

People get been picking up sticks to ing each other since time immemorial, no more than the joong bong, the Korean Middle prop, is something really special in the cosmos of martial arts. This is the ut commonly taught weapon in the Korean suited to war art of Kuk Sul Won, yet tournaments and ease of use be in actual possession of brought the joong bong into other arenas, like Tae Kwon Do.

I got my principal look at joong bong technique a small in number years ago, when I was interviewing unit of the advanced students at a Kuk Sool Won admonish in Milwaukee. She was giving me the shape down on the basic kicking and affecting techniques used when something caught my inspection. Next to the fans and tridents, greatest part people wouldn't have given the uncomely stick a second glance, but I could make out from the wear that this was a weapon that manifold students had trained with.

The joong bong itself varies depending adhering the school and the preference of the user. Usually, it is made out of wood or rattan and measures between 2 and half to three feet extended. My friend mentioned that some heavy hitters like their joong bong to subsist made out of metal, and in imitation of I did a few passes through it, it makes sense; in conditions of practicing, the heavier the set is, the better the workout you'll learn.

She explained that the joong bong was the centre-sized staff that many students started along with, and is one of the easier weapons to master in the realm of Korean martial arts. She herself had started by the joong bong, and though she had progressed to a mastership of several other weapons, the joong bong remained the same of her favorites. As I watched, she demonstrated some of the moves associated with this primitive weapon.

The joong bong is held at any end, rather than in the center. My loved emphasized that that this is used originally for striking and as such, the gift should be aimed at the adverse party's neck for maximum effectiveness. Slowly, she took me from one side the four basic striking techniques that perform up her joong bong practice and in consequence she sped it up. As I watched in cow, she became the center of a whirling storm, the slow exercises she had been demonstrating turnery into a fierce burst of sprightliness.

She grinned at me when she elegant up and asked if I cared to try. I was handy to go ahead so I stepped ward the mat to face her, still she laughed.

"I was thinking over pairing you with one of our newer practitioners of joong bong," she declared and pointed at a thirteen-year-thoughtful boy, who was taking his acknowledge stick through the motions. I was going to laughter too, until I noticed how tightly he was moving and how unpleasant he could bring down his cling!

Article Tags: Joong Bong, Martial Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment

reena's shared items